How to change a watch strap - step by step
There is a telescope inside the strap - a small steel tube with a little spring inside. There are pins at the end of the tube thanks to which the telescope doesn’t fall out of the watch’s fastening. In order to put it out, you need to put in a strap changing tool or a small screwdriver.
• You need to hold the tool against the telescope firmly and then put it out.
• Put the telescope out of the old strap.
• Choose a new strap and place the telescope inside.
• Put the end of the telescope deep into the fastening.
• Press the other end of the telescope.
It’s done, you can now enjoy a new strap of your watch!
What should you bear in mind to prolong the lifespan of your strap?
What should you bear in mind in order to prolong the lifespan of your strap?
Appropriate maintenance will surely prolong the lifespan of your CG straps.
You should remember the following rules:
• avoid soaking your strap,
• clean your strap regularly to get rid of dirt and accumulated bacteria - to do so, it’s best to use plain soft soap.
You should also remember about appropriate storage. Bands which you are not wearing at the moment should be kept in a case in room temperature, away from the sunlight.
The rules above, applied regularly and conscientiously will surely make your watchband look perfect throughout its whole service life.